How To Upgrade From SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express to Save Room
Steps to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 Express and convert to file
- Download correct version of SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 (or most recent)
- On the second tab down choose upgrade exisitng instance of... instead of
the first option
- Choose the Tradepoint instance name and let it do the rest of it without
- When complete go to Service Manager and right click on the SQL Server 2008
(Tradepoint) service and go to properties. Goto the file stream tab and check
off all but the last check box.
- Restart the service.
- Run the script attached as a document to this KB article.